Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 20 (cont'd)

I remember! We played around with a ball out in their driveway with the little kids for a while, and then rode bikes to the Glozic's house. There are two sisters from Australia staying there, Lydia and Monica. They were glad to have someone to speak English with, although they both speak fluent Serbian. We got along very well, and chatted for over an hour. For some reason, they both seem very very familiar, as if I've met them before. Perhaps that's why we hit it off so well. Anyways, soon Dejan informed me: "We should go." Little did I know this would become a very familiar phrase before I left. When we got back to the house, I taught them the basketball game: 21. We played that for over an hour, until we were all sweaty and breathing hard. Then Dejan, Danijel, and I walked a couple blocks and met Lydia, Monica, and their host Zlatko Glozic at an ice cream shop. The ice cream was terrific. Then we all took a walk in the park and talked for quite a while. I discovered that Dejan and Danijel have watched more American movies than I have! Then we headed home for the night. When we got home it was past ten pm, but it was suppertime. It was, of course, fantastic. Then we all headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment