Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13

This morning we got up in decent time for breakfast. I'll admit I was a little reluctant to wake up. I was glad I did though when I got up for breakfast. In the Tower Lounge, we got to order omellettes. We also had a plethora of fruits to choose from, along with yogurt, bacon, sausage and eggs. To drink there was milk, orange juice, apple juice and of course all the other options. After breakfast I showered and we headed down to the train station. After a bit of confusion and discussion, we finally figured out which train to board for the old town. When we arrived I was amazed at the architecture all around. I will be posting pictures of it all as soon as I can. We toured through the town and I found a fantastic leather belt for 5 €! That's only about $7.50! Needless to say, I bought it immediately. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing it now. After a couple hours, we had seen all we could see and decided to head home. Unfortunately, we couldn't figure out which train to board, and ended up heading in the wrong direction. Thank goodness we had Opa along, because he was able to ask some Germans for directions, and we were soon back on the right track (haha, the right track indeed!). Upon arrival back at the hotel, I decided to hop back on facebook, and it was then that I discovered that my post from last night had somehow disappeared. I then went to get some food from the lounge, only to discover that there was nothing substantial. So I got Oma and Opa and we headed down to the airport for some good food. We ate at a restaurant in the airport where I got some genuine Wienerschnitzel. It was terrific, and the fries were fabulous! The snail that was placed on my plate for decoration was disgusting though. This fantastic meal only served to make me sleepy. Upon arrival back in our room I promptly cashed out for several hours. Now here I sit, posting on my blog and talking to this nice Australian gentleman who is drinking rum and coke and printing papers for his board meeting in a few days. I can now say I have met a multi-millionare. I can also say that he has some great business ideas! His company is just starting up with ideas on how to make use of ash that is created from coal used in power plants. They plan to turn ash into sand for concrete and ceramics. It can also be used in a mining technique called "fracking." I got some good practical advice from him for when I head into the management field, if I ever do. After over an hour of socializing, he went to bed and so will I. Keep us in your prayers!

1 comment: