Thursday, May 12, 2011

Arrival!

We have arrived safely! The flight over was fairly uneventful. I watched a couple movies and then slept from about halfway across the Atlantic to France. I was a bit disappointed that I missed seeing Ireland and England from the air. As we came in over France, I was amazed at how much it looked like Indiana countryside. As we came lower though, I could see how the little villages were laid out in a different fashion. What amazed me most of all was how much thick forrest there was in the cities in Germany! There was areas of dense population, broken up by acres of dense forrest. Some of the roads just disappeared under the trees. It looked so peaceful. At the airport, we were met by my Opa's friend, Achmed the porter. He helped us get our bags from the baggage claim and took us to the hotel, got us checked in and took us to our room. Talk about service! I am now sitting at a computer up in the lounge area, having taken full advantage of the snacks. They also have a large selection of wines which I have been sampling little by little, it's like a dream come true! This keyboard is laid out differently. the z and y are switched and where the ' normally is I instead hit the รค. It's really quite annoying. It took me a minute to find the stupid @ symbol. Oh well, I have internet! In a bit here, we shall head out to eat and find some form of amusement. I'll be well ready for bed tonight. I apologize for my aweful prose. Next update should come late tomorrow night, which is evening for all ya'alls. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Oh.... My..... Goodness..... That description of France is pretty much.... breath-taking... All of your descriptions of the sceneries and everything sound awesome!.... Now, I'm only going to say this once (in addition to the couple reminders I sent over facebook) don't go overboard on the wines, now! aHA! and the keyboard! wow.... that is so cool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...I got lost somewhere in there...Okay...have fun Benjy...

    ReplyDelete