Friday, May 13, 2011

May 12

For some reason, my post from yesterday disappeared. So I'll repost. Thursday was our first day in Germany. We arrived in the morning and were met by my Opa's friend Ahmed the bellhop. He loaded all our luggage up on a hotel cart and ferried us over to the hotel. There we checked in and then he took us to our room. The service was impeccable. We got settled in the room and then headed up to the lounge where we enjoyed some free snacks. The lounge contains a large variety of drinks and goodies all day long. You can get coke, diet coke, mineral water, carbonated water, ginger ale, beer, nonalcoholic beer, apple juice, orange juice, and a selection of wines. I'm loving it. Later in the afternoon, we headed back over to the airport where we got some Euro's from the atm and ate some food. Oma and I got german style hot dogs in a pretzel. It was quite tasty although rather spicy. Then we headed back to the room and I cashed out for a couple hours. In the evening, we headed back up to the lounge and wined and dined on the goodies there. They had these wonderful roast beef rolls stuffed with a coleslaw sort of mixture. We then headed back to the room where I lost a game of Phase 10 to Oma. I miss our old game days. Lastly, I headed back upstairs to talk to some friends, and check facebook before heading to bed. First day = success!

3 comments:

  1. lol- after seeing the pictures on facebook, I totally get the whole picture of the snacks. =D We'll have a chubby Benjy coming back to us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It dissappeared because I consumed it...Lol Just Kidding... I'm glad yur first day was a success Benjy. Btw Heather. Benjy left chubby too..Kidding.

    ReplyDelete